Korea National University of Arts
As an affiliated organization of Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism of Korea(hereafter MCST), the Korea National University of Arts runs the short-term fellowship program for Art educators and professionals called Art Major Faculty ‘Explore K-Arts’(hereafter, AMFEK). AMFEK is sponsored by the MCST and invites professionals and academic researcher in various art fields from abroad each year for 6 months for the purpose to promote artistic cooperation and cultural understanding and introduce Korean traditional and contemporary culture.
? Program Objectives
? To promote the artistic and cultural network and cooperation by inviting art educators, researchers, or professional artists from institutions specialized in arts around the world
? To allow students to experience cultural diversity through exchange with invited art professionals and to strengthen the artistic creativity
? Program Outline
? Invitation Eligibility
- Professionals working actively as faculty member, artist, or art administrator of an artistic/cultural institution (Ages 25~45)
- Field of Program: 6 schools* of Korea National University of Arts
* Music, Dance, Visual Arts, Drama, Film/TV/ Multimedia, Korean Traditional Arts
- Region : Asia, Africa, East Europe
- Period : Jun. 18 ~ Dec. 14, 2012 (Apprx. 6 months)
- Requirement: Fluent in English OR in Korean language
- Number of Participant: 5
? Support to Participant
- 1 round-trip airfare(economy class)
- Accommodation : On-campus Dormitory(1 room per person, fully furnished)
- Living expenses: KRW 800,000
( apprx. USD 700, subject to change according to currency rate)
- Korean language lessons(200 hours)
- Insurance, Cultural field trips, etc.
- Partial or full support on proposed projects such as workshop, symposium, exhibition, performance, etc. according to its feasibility and importance
? Activity and Obligation
- Final report (Memoire, Performance, Exhibition, Film or Documentary production, etc.)
- 200 hours of Korean language lesson
- Participation in cultural events for the reciprocal cultural understanding; Festival, Seminar, Special Lecture, etc.
- Participation on the research/creation project
1 K-Arts faculty member will be paired with the AMFeK participant as a mentor
?Examples of research/artistic projects?
- A study on art education methodology or on the art administration
- A study on building regional network on Art education between Asia and America
- Joint-production of film/documentary
- Joint workshop, performance or exhibition
For initial submission, please forward (1) the applicant's curriculum vitae; (2) accomplished AMFEK application form, and (3) research/project proposal to Ms. Seora Woo, Office of External Affairs, Korean National University of Arts (mailing address and contact details indicated in the guidelines) on or before April 20, 2012. The rest of the requirements may be forwarded beyond the application deadline BUT not later than April 30.
For any inquiry, please contact Ms. Wena Sadorra at tel. nos. 555-1711 / 1709.
Download application form in this link.